Thursday, May 31, 2007

What's My Purpose?

This blog was established to achieve a single purpose. I believe that there is a lot going on in this country and the world that has major significance, and I think that many people don't pay much attention to it. This could be because of a lack of information, a lack of desire, a lack of time to check things out for themselves, or simply a lack of knowledge of where to look. Before the 2006 election, I sent out an e-mail with some plain information about several local issues that mainstream news outlets weren't providing, and I got a number of comments about how people appreciated it. So, I thought I'd take the same idea but step it up a notch.

Do I think I'm going to change the world with this little blog? No. Am I going to become a major policy influencer? No.

But, forces are moving in this world, and they're not all forces with our best interests in mind. We need to pay attention and participate. Even when we do pay attention, it can get pretty confusing sometimes. So, my intention is simply this: to inform people in my little corner of the world about what's going on, and motivate them to act.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog! Feel free to send comments (whether you agree or disagree) - I hope you come back often!

1 comment:

Dad_C said...

Wow! I knew you enjoyed writing, and you do it well, but this will take work. I will enjoy reading this, and I hope many others will too. Keep up the good work.