Thursday, August 23, 2007

Follow Up For Kansans

As a follow up to the last post, all of you living in Kansas should have some serious concerns on illegal immigration! Reported by CNSNews.com, the Kansas Court of Appeals recently ruled that it is not illegal for an illegal alien to be in the United States, just to come here. Basically, if an illegal immigrant manages to make it past what little border security we have, they are no longer violating the law.

WHAT?!

This is a very simple concept to illustrate. I like analogies, so let's use one here. Let's say I rob a bank and make off with $1 million, escaping from the scene of the crime without a hitch. A week later, federal authorities catch up with me
(in Hawaii, since that's where I'd be) and arrest me for bank robbery. According to the Kansas Court of Appeals, I should be set free because although I committed bank robbery in the past, I am no longer committing it. And, by the way, I would get to keep the money I stole.

See how ridiculous this ruling is?

There should be all kinds of heat on this court to join the rest of us in reality.

There's my two cents.

No comments: