Thursday, March 6, 2008

Barack Obama's Homosexual Agenda

OneNewsNow.com reports:

Pro-family leader Gary Bauer says Barack Obama has sent an open letter to the homosexual community which clearly outlines the senator's intent to use the power of the president's office to push a radical pro-homosexual agenda. 

In his daily e-mail on Monday, Bauer quotes several excerpts from Senator Obama's letter:
 

"... throughout my career, I have fought to eliminate discrimination against LGBT Americans. In Illinois, I co-sponsored a fully inclusive bill that prohibited discrimination on the basis of both sexual orientation and gender identity, extending protection to the workplace, housing, and places of public accommodation. In the U.S. Senate, I have co-sponsored bills that would equalize tax treatment for same-sex couples and provide benefits to domestic partners of federal employees. And as president, I will place the weight of my administration behind the enactment of the Matthew Shepard Act to outlaw hate crimes and a fully inclusive Employment Non-Discrimination Act to outlaw workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. As your President, I will use the bully pulpit to urge states to treat same-sex couples with full equality in their family and adoption laws.
 
"... I support the complete repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) -- a position I have held since before arriving in the U.S. Senate. While some say we should repeal only part of the law, I believe we should get rid of that statute altogether .... I have also called for us to repeal 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell,' and I have worked to improve the Uniting American Families Act so we can afford same-sex couples the same rights and obligations as married couples in our immigration system."

 
Bauer says to show just how "radical and controversial" Obama's proposals are, in 1996 Congress passed the Defense of Marriage Act (342-67 in the House, 85-14 in the Senate), which was then signed into law by President Bill Clinton.
 
As Bauer puts it: "So in order to get to Hillary's left with the most radical elements of the Democratic Party, Obama is willing to embrace a position overwhelmingly rejected by Congress, a Democratic president, and 27 states that have passed marriage protection amendments by an average vote of 69%."

It's no wonder Obama has been trying to avoid scrutiny on his actual positions - they're way, way off from what most Americans believe!  I'm sure we'll continue to learn more about him as time goes on, but so far, he is definitely the most radically liberal candidate in the race, and this is yet another reason why.  Obama supporters: do you know this man, or are you falling for his silver-tongued platitudes?

There's my two cents.

No comments: