Sunday, July 20, 2008

NEW LOOK!!!

No guarantees I'll keep it, though. Feel free to leave a comment with your opinion on it. :)

***UPDATE***
I got a comment that the new look was 'horrendous'. The more I looked at it, the more I agreed!

On that note, I did some Google searching for new blog templates, and I have to say I'm very disappointed in the total lack of decent ones out there. Most that I've seen are awful for one of two reasons:

1. they're cluttered, junky, and filled with frilly crap that distracts from the content
2. they're completely focused on a single specific topic (I mean, if you want to run a blog about the mating habits of sea turtles from New Guinea, that's fine, but do you seriously think anyone else in the world is going to want to download and use that template??)

So, rather than ask what you think about the 'new look', I'd be happy to take suggestions of websites where good, simple,
clean templates can be found.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's horrendous!!!! I do not like it. It looks very tacky and I loved the sophisticated, understated, and classy look to the old blog that really fit well with the content. That is important, as the best blog designs fit well with the content of the blog. It is not as inviting, and if I saw this when i found your bog, I would leave because, rather than thinking that this person is serious about blogging and knows what they are talking about, I'll think that this is a 12 year old who wants to experiment with a "blog". Please revert it back to the original, but hey, that's just my lowly opinion.