Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Be Aware: Shamnesty Bill (Part 2) Begins...

After another secret behind-closed-doors session, the shamnesty deal-makers have provided a new bill that will be introduced into the Senate this week (probably Wednesday). The new bill (S. 1639) appears to be similar to the old bill, with the addition of a few hand-picked amendments. If you want to look at the bill, you can download it here.

I haven't had time to read it for myself yet (it's 418 pages long), but I'll be sure to post information about the bill when I start seeing analysis from the real professionals. Given the nature of this issue, the actions taken on the first attempt, and the fact that it's the same people trying to ram this thing down America's throat, my guess is that it'll be just as bad as the first one. The main problem here is that it sounds like there will be even less debate allowed on this one, so be ready to call your Senators ASAP! I'll do my best to blog concrete info as soon as I see it.

Keep up the pressure! This could be the money round!

There's my two cents.

No comments: