Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Viva la amnistia!

The cloture vote passed, bringing the shamnesty bill back to life.

Here's how the Missouri/Kansas Senators voted:
- Bond (Rep, MO): YES
- McCaskill (Dem, MO): NO
- Roberts (Rep, KS): NO
- Brownback (Rep, KS): YES

Bond and Brownback are either in favor of amnesty or playing politics against the clear will of 80% of the American people, while McCaskill and Roberts are accurately representing their constituents.

I'll post another blog showing who ends up voting for the final form of the shamnesty bill. That way you'll have a nice, clear summary of who's in favor of amnesty and who wants to play both sides of the fence. Personally, I have greater respect for those who simply favor amnesty - even though I disagree with them, at least they're honest. I have no use for our representatives who want to be able to take both sides of this issue.

Regardless, remember this (feel free to come back to this blog to refresh your memory) when the next election rolls around. Ultimately, the American people will get the last word on these yahoos.

I'll blog about what happens next in this process as soon as I have a concrete understanding of it myself. This was step one -- a great chance to kill amnesty right out of the gate -- in a lengthy process, so keep watching and contacting your Senators. There's much more to come...

There's my two cents.

No comments: