Friday, June 29, 2007

One Month Old!

This coming weekend marks the completion of the first month of 'There's My Two Cents'. As such, I wanted to take a moment to reflect a bit. My initial intention with this blog was to only post one message a day, but with all the action on the shamnesty bill things worked out quite a bit differently. That's okay, though, since this has been great fun for me; I'm looking forward to continuing!

I want to share something with all of you that I find very encouraging. Since I started this blog, the number of people visiting every day has been steadily growing (don't worry, my hit counter doesn't tell me WHO is visiting, just the generic total numbers). For example,
an average of 5 different people visited per day for a total average of 10 visits in the first week of June. This past week it had risen to an average of 15 different people per day for a total average of 25 visits per day. These averages go another 50% higher if I factor out the weekends. The highest single-day count was 22 different people and 41 total visits, and since June 1st almost 180 different people have visited for a total number of almost 450 visits overall!

The most exciting part (for me) is that 43% of all these visitors have come back at least 8 times, and almost 30% have come back at least 26 times. These numbers tell me that people are visiting a lot, and that a good chunk of you are coming back at least daily. Cool! Ultimately, this means the time and effort I'm spending on this blog is being well spent. So, THANK YOU all for visiting, and please keep it up! :)

Finally, I have a favor to ask of you. I'd love to see a lot more growth here, and referrals will be critical for that to happen. So, if you like reading this blog and think it's worth your time to visit regularly, would you send it around to people you know? I'd appreciate your willingness to help me grow this little project of mine. Thank you in advance!

One last note - I'm going to be out of touch for a couple days this weekend, so I won't post another blog until early next week. Topics will probably include some of the Supreme Court's recent decisions (racial considerations in schools and political contributions), some general thoughts on the Republican party, and whatever else happens over the weekend.

See ya' then!

No comments: