Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Extreme Tree Huggers

Hoooo-kaaaaay...
I thought it was a joke. I thought it was a parody.

No. No it is not. It is very real. This, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens in the absence of believe in the real God — extreme tree huggers create their own. Man always creates gods to replace the real One.

Behold. And laugh.


Like I said, hoooooo-kaaaaaay...! This is why I use the term 'wacko'.

But there is a much more serious component to this, as I've blogged before:
So why is it that so many people completely disregard evidence in favor of the flavor of the moment? It just doesn't make sense to me, and I've been struggling to find an explanation for it for quite some time. Well, some dots finally connected in my mind recently, and I've been debating about whether or not to post it since it's a theological thing, and I'm no expert theologian. But, I'm going to swing out and do it, and hope that if nothing else, it makes you think. Check this out:

God's eternal power and character cannot be seen. But from the beginning of creation, God has shown what these are like by all he has made. That's why those people don't have any excuse. They know about God, but they don't honor him or even thank him. Their thoughts are useless, and their stupid minds are in the dark. They claim to be wise, but they are fools. They don't worship the glorious and eternal God. Instead, they worship idols that are made to look like humans who cannot live forever, and like birds, animals, and reptiles.

So God let these people go their own way. They did what they wanted to do...They gave up the truth about God for a lie, and they worshiped God's creation instead of God.

That's an excerpt from Romans chapter 1. Sounds strikingly like the current crop of environmentalist wackos, doesn't it? They claim to be enlightened scientists sounding the alarm on imminent global warming, yet they ignore plain evidence to the contrary. They don't worship God, but rather animals and trees, as evidenced by their willingness to destroy property, jobs, and human lives to 'protect' nature. And, given their own admissions that dealing with global warming is a 'moral issue', they admit to worshiping the creation rather than the Creator.
After watching the video, I'm more convinced than ever that my initial dot-connection was correct. Watching the video above would be ludicrous if it wasn't so serious.

Regardless, this is the mindset that we're dealing with when it comes to environmentalist wackos, and we would be foolish to forget that. Logic need not apply, and evidence just doesn't matter.

There's my two cents.

No comments: