Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Christmas Eve...

...the kids are excited to open presents tomorrow, we're tracking Santa on Google Earth, and very few of you are probably reading this on Christmas Eve night. Just a brief message, then.

I'm going to take a few days off to spend with family. I might do a late-night post or two if there is some really big news, but I suspect it'll be pretty quiet. I've been a complete slacker in terms of responding to comments, so I'll try to get caught up on that in the next few days, too. I've also got some very important questions on which I need input from you. So, when you come back, please help me out with a moment of your time...more on that in a couple days.


Let us now take a moment to say a prayer for our military men and women and their families - they offer a tremendous sacrifice to preserve our way of life in this blessed nation, and deserve our heartfelt thanks and appreciation.


Despite all of the fights and legitimately concerning issues we debate on a daily basis, I still firmly believe that we live in the best nation in the history of the planet, and that we have uncountable blessings for which to be thankful. The most important of those is, of course, the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Let's keep that in mind as we tear open gifts, gorge ourselves with delicious food, and enjoy numerous family traditions tonight and tomorrow. There's no Christmas without Christ, so let's keep Him as a part of our celebrations.


No comments: