Yeah...the next three years are going to be long, too.
2009 was the worst year for American foreign policy since the Carter administration. At the Telegraph, Nile Gardiner reminds us of Barack Obama's top ten foreign policy follies of the year. It promises to be the most depressing of the many top-ten lists we'll read between now and New Year's. Gardiner provides links and cites chapter and verse, so his article should be read in its entirety. But here's the list:
1. Surrendering to Russia over missile defence.
2. Appeasing the mullahs of Iran.
3. Ending the war on terror.
4. Announcing a surge while declaring an exit.
5. Apologizing to France for America's "arrogance."
6. Giving DVDs to the British Prime Minister.
7. Siding with Marxists in Honduras.
8. Bowing to emperors and kings.
9. Embracing genocidal killers in Sudan.
10. Throwing Churchill out of the White House.
It's been a long year.
There's my two cents.