Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Obama Signs New Freedom-Of-The-Press Bill, Then Ignores The Press

You really just can't make this stuff up:



To save you some nauseating lecturing by The One, I'd recommend just watching the first 30 seconds or so, then skipping ahead to 4:00. That's all you really need to watch. For the readers among us, here's the key excerpt:

After the signing of the Freedom of Press Act on Monday, President Obama declined to take any questions from the press.

During a pooled press event in the Oval Office, President Obama was asked if he would take a couple questions.

“You’re certainly free to ask the question,” Obama told the reporters in the room. “I won’t be answering, I’m not doing a press conference today, but we’ll be seeing you in the course of the week.”


Nice.

One other note on this...Obama said that Daniel Pearl's very brutal and very public murder "captured the world's imagination". Does that strike anyone else as a very strange way to put it? To me, a Disney production or an epic Olympics contest might "capture the world's imagination", but the beheading of an innocent reporter?? I'd call that more along the lines of barbaric or evil myself. Is this how he really views what happened to Pearl?

Also, Gateway Pundit reminds the President that Daniel Pearl was clearly and obviously murdered because he was an American Jew, not because he was a reporter. Kind of a big difference, especially in the context of a war with radical Islam.

Oh, I see the problem - no one in the Obama administration is even willing to say radical Islam, much less admit to the fact that it's real and they're trying to kill us. Ah, mystery solved. I'm not sure I'll sleep a whole lot better tonight, though.

There's my two cents.

No comments: