Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Church Of...Oprah??

I suspect this will probably tick off more people than any other post I've done, but I'm just going to throw it out there for your consideration. Don't shoot the messenger...!

I'm sure that many of you are regular watchers of the Oprah Winfrey show, and enjoy a lot of the human interest stuff she does. If you're a Christian, have you ever felt a nagging discomfort at some of the stuff she says and does? I came across this video that puts together some disturbing clips of Oprah that you really should check out.




I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say that she's deliberately creating her own religion, but her own words make one wonder if she has migrated from Christianity to some form of new age humanism. It seems to be a deliberate choice on her part, and she talks about it pretty freely in these clips, so it's pretty hard to mistake what she means.

If you're an Oprah watcher, that's fine - I think her show is primarily entertainment, after all. Just be aware of what she's saying, and don't let her talk you out of or compromise your own beliefs.


There's my two cents.


***UPDATE***
Reader Dominique has more information here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have written 3 articles on the Oprah-Tolle church and am looking at writing a few more. I have them posted on my blog if you would like to read them. I point out the mistakes that Oprah and Tolle are making when trying to reconcile their new age dogma to Christianity.

The articles are under "My Perspective Link" and then under Oprah.

I enjoyed you blog. Thanks for the update!

Remaining Steadfast,
Dominique

http://anunlikelyperspective2.squarespace.com