Friday, February 20, 2009

Fun & Frivolity: Blast!

You may or may not know this, but I used to play the trumpet. In my final year of college I was actually the principle trumpet of the school's symphony orchestra. As such, I have an intense appreciation for brass and symphonic music, and would much rather fire up a good soundtrack than a Top 40 radio station. Knowing this somewhat nerd-like tendency, my lovely wife purchased tickets a couple years ago to an incredible musical performance, and I want to share a couple pieces of it with you.

Ireland gave the world Riverdance, the U.K. gave the world Stomp!...now, I give you Blast!, the authentically American drum and bugle corps that takes musical performance to a new level:



Here's my personal favorite...can you guess why?



Sweet! Have a great weekend!

No comments: