Friday, July 10, 2009

The Fight Caucus Is Born!

I've often said that I want some fights picked in Washington.

I'm sick and tired of Republicans campaigning as conservative tough talkers who moderate and go all Jello once they actually get off the campaign trail and into office. I'm certain I'm not alone!
I'd love to see a new face on the GOP - a group of elected conservative leaders who boldly stand up and pick the fights that the Right base is begging them to pick. We can win because the facts, history, and logic are on our side. But we need to have leaders willing to fight these fights, and around whom a movement can be built. I believe that's one of the reasons for the popularity of Sarah Palin - she's a pitbull with lipstick. We like the lipstick, but we are desperate for a pitbull!

Mike Pence is one of the best Reps in Washington, and has legitimate conservative credentials. It looks like he's taking up the cause in a chill-inducing new ad:



Let's hope others join this new Fight Caucus and lay the foundation for a landslide sweep in 2010.

There's my two cents.

No comments: