Friday, May 9, 2008

Fun & Frivolity: Ship And Check

Here are a couple of great fun things to usher you into the weekend!

For those of you who love all things resembling Star Wars, check out this pic of a very Star Destroyer-like warship (hat tip MM) that just joined the U.S. Navy:


I love it!!!

How do you think it would feel to have this bad boy on your tail? I'm glad it's the enemies of America who will find out!

Second, my better half pointed me to this hilarious story from Texas (it's the second story on this page):
Charles Ray Fuller was arrested last week for trying to cash a $360 billion check.

Yes, $360 billion.

The 21-year-old from Crowley, according to authorities, said his girlfriend’s mother gave him the check to start a record business. Tellers at the Fort Worth bank immediately were suspicious of the personal check with 10 zeroes.
I don't know which is more amusing to me, the fact that anyone would be so stupid as to try to cash a check for $360 billion or the way the story so blandly suggests that the tellers were immediately 'suspicious'.

Regardless, it makes for a good chuckle.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: