Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fun and Frivolity: Squirrel Spies!

Yes, I know it may be hard to believe, but here's another news story about squirrels. I honestly didn't think I'd ever laugh so hard about squirrels as I did with my last squirrel-related blog, but this one is even better!

Apparently, Iran has arrested 14 squirrels for espionage.

Yep, you heard it here first, folks - spying squirrels, arrested by Iranian intelligence operatives. According to
state-sponsored news agency IRNA, "[t]he squirrels were carrying spy gear of foreign agencies, and were stopped before they could act, thanks to the alertness of our intelligence services." Apparently, Iran has recently increased its efforts in combating Western espionage, but the use of rodents has not been documented in the past.

My question: are these squirrels going to be tortured? Will they be given appropriate treatment for prisoners of war? Will the U.S. send in a rescue team? We can only hope, but I fear the worst for these poor, brave souls.

Seriously, truth is stranger than fiction. You just can't make this stuff up!


1 comment:

Dad_C said...

Unbelievable! What can we expect next from the masters of the black art? Hey, I like your new logo.