Monday, July 9, 2007

War, Jihad, and the Fight for Freedom

I'm going to be devoting some significant time in the near future to addressing the War on Terror, including Iraq (though I'll still work in other stories, too). I've been reading some very disturbing things lately, and I think that everyone needs to realize what we're truly dealing with. As I've blogged about before, the MSM (mainstream media) has become so one-sided that most Americans don't know nearly as much as they should about the true threats from Islamic jihadists such as al Qaeda, largely because of the MSM's determined effort to portray the jihadists as a glorified underdog and the U.S. as the evil oppressor.

Some of the topics I'm planning to address are:
- What do the terrorists really want?
- Is Sharia law really that bad?
- Where are the 'moderate' Muslims?
- Is Islam really the religion of peace?

I'd also like to address some of the most common myths, including:
- We went into Iraq for oil
- The US is provoking terrorism/Al Qaeda wasn't in Iraq before we took out Saddam's regime
- If only we understood the terrorists, we could possibly negotiate a peace with them
- Nothing good is happening over there

As the pressure builds on Bush to begin an Iraq pullout, I believe it is important for the American people to be educated about what we face in this war. I'm coming to believe it's the historical battle of our time, much like the previous generation faced the
German Nazis. I intend to lay out the case for why it is so critical that we succeed on this, and provide the necessary information for you to make up your own minds on what we need to do about it.

So stay tuned - the fireworks will begin in the next few days.

There's my two cents.

No comments: