Monday, February 18, 2008

Where Does The Attitude Come From?

A few days ago, I wrote a post about the difference between the original immigrants to the U.S. and the current crop of illegal aliens coming here, and I suggested that the main difference was the attitude. I couldn't have asked for a better supporting quote from a key player regarding the hideous $1.4 billion Merida Initiative the Bush administration is pushing:
In an UNBELIEVABLE statement, [Mexican President] Calderon reacted to the possibility that there might be some conditions on the donation as follows:
“I cannot accept any submission or subordination…Give it to me. And give it to me without conditions!”
After that statement he went on to criticize US legislators, US citizens and how the US spends it’s tax dollars. Pretty arrogant considering Mexico’s industry is controlled by 5 families and there is overt racism against darker skinned Mexi-Indians in Mexico. What is truly hubris with Calderon’s words when Mexico exports their cast out Mexi-Indians to the US.
It's true what they say about attitude starting at the top! If the Mexican President thinks like this about illegal immigration into America, is it any surprise that many
Mexican illegal aliens think that, too?

There's my two cents.

No comments: