Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Liberal Philosophy In Real Life

I had an interesting conversation with a co-worker of mine this morning that really illustrates the liberal mindset, so I wanted to share it with you. The national VFW convention has been going on this week here in Kansas City, so we've had some considerable traffic issues over the past few days. Clinton, McCain, Obama, and Thompson all visited earlier this week; today was President Bush's turn.

I had made a comment that I wouldn't want to control security for any head of state. My co-worker agreed, but he grinned and said that he wouldn't mind if someone "got" Bush. He's a genuinely kind and decent guy, so I was surprised that he would say something like that, and I chided him a bit for it. He asserted that Bush "wasn't his President" and that he "hated" Bush. I pointed out that yes, in fact, Bush was his President, and that didn't change just because my co-worker
didn't agree with his policies, didn't like him, or hadn't voted for him. I also mentioned that even though I disagreed with just about everything Clinton did, I wouldn't ever have wished for him to be assassinated. My co-worker's response?

Bush is dumb.

Wow, what an illuminating response. I pointed out that no one goes through Harvard business school or becomes President if they're truly dumb, and that it was much more the fact that the MSM had portrayed him as dumb. My co-worker then said that he thought Bush was bad because he was more interested in following his own agenda rather than doing what was best for the country. I suggested that every major political figure was following an agenda, and that was actually the whole point of being elected - to enact that agenda. His response was that Bush's agenda was bad for the country. I said that a "good" or "bad" agenda depended entirely upon any given person's own views, and that one man's "good" agenda was another man's "bad" agenda. At that point, work intervened, and the conversation ended, but I heard him commenting to someone else on the phone later that the traffic was all Bush's fault (no mention of the previous days' problems due to Clinton or Obama, of course).

I share this with you not to badmouth my co-worker (I do enjoy working with him, and this little conversation won't affect our friendship), but to illustrate the liberal mindset in a real conversation. When you present a logical argument based on reason and ethical standards, the liberal mindset can't respond effectively because it is a bankrupt philosophy that cannot stand up in the arena of ideas, especially where double standards are not tolerated. So, liberals resort to insults.

I'm sure many of you have had similar experiences, or at least seen the evidence of them on TV or in the news. They're everywhere. Since they can't win at the ballot box by persuading Americans to support their policies, they try to stack the courts with liberal activist judges to enact their agenda. Instead of debating the actual effects of rampant illegal immigration, they whine about breaking up families (can't the other family members go back to Mexico with the deported illegal?). Instead of fighting our ideological enemies that have sworn to eradicate us simply for existing, they talk about negotiating and being understood. It's a bankrupt philosophy that can only lead to the destruction of the values, ethics, and standards that have made America great.

I encourage you to not get frustrated or give up; the more people outwardly share the true nature of liberalism, the easier it will be to combat it.

There's my two cents.

2 comments:

Right Truth said...

I heard something almost identical to this on Jackson, Tennessee talk radio yesterday. People say Bush is stupid, but have nothing to back it up. Honestly, he has made some stupid steps, like his stubbornness on illegal immigration.

Best wishes on the blog. You will have days when you get discouraged, but stick with it.

Suggestion? Well, visit other blogs, see what they are doing, leave a comment if you can ad to the conversation. Just post from your heart, and you will be fine.

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

I'll ad you to the blogroll and give a mention in my next post. Maybe you will get a hit or two out of it.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

ortho said...

The level of political discourse in America, as your conversation demonstrates, is hideous. Too many individuals blindly regurgitate the talking points of the MSM. Soon America will become a country of mindless zombies mesmerized by the flickering of TV screens and hypnotized by gibberish, soundbites.