Tuesday, August 14, 2007

'Put Up Or Shut Up'

Michelle Malkin posts a follow up to the Flying Imams' lawsuit against US Airways and several 'John Does' for complaining and getting them removed from a flight last fall. After the John Doe amendment was passed into law, the Flying Imams were reportedly going to drop the 'John Does' from their lawsuit. They haven't yet done that.

Throwing down the gauntlet, the Becket Fund has filed an amicus brief to urge the court to dismiss all charges against the 'John Does', essentially forcing the Flying Imams to remove that piece of their lawsuit or prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that their intention is simply to intimidate and harrass Americans for reporting suspicious behavior. The Becket Fund has also pledged to defend any of these 'John Does' for free if need be.

I applaud the Becket Fund for not only following up on the story, but also for using legal means to force the hand of these politically motivated accusers and reveal them for who they are: terrorist enablers.

There's my two cents.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Given inflation, I think that we're going to have to bump things up to three cents.

I admire the dedication you have shown in your blogging effort. Looking at what you do and don't choose to comment on is quite interesting to me.

To be honest I find this more interesting in that we agree on some things and not on others.

I'm pleased to say that I've included you in the newest installment of Surfer's Paradise.

I hope the link serves you well.