Friday, December 7, 2007

Fun & Frivolity: Telling The Truth And U.S. Geography

Two bits of fun and frivolity for the weekend.

Telling The Truth
This one amused me a lot! The British Broadcasting Company (BBC) is spending around $2 million to teach their 17,000 employees the importance of telling the truth. Apparently, this education is needed after the corporation admitted to running a series of faked broadcasts that included made-up winners to phone-ins for Children in Need and Comic Relief, as well as a misleading edit of a promotional video for a documentary about the Queen.

You know, I seem to remember being that about that telling the truth thing when I was a child...apparently, the British leave that part out.

U.S. Geography
I don't recall where I picked this up, but it's a fun little test of how well you know U.S. geography. Go check it out:

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

Have fun! :)

No comments: