Monday, December 3, 2007

Who's Your Candidate?

At this point, I haven't decided on which of the presidential candidates I like - they all have their strengths, but they all have glaring weaknesses, too. I strongly believe that any of the Reps (except Ron Paul) would be better than any of the Dems, but that's about as far as I've gotten. So, I always like to see how the candidates stand on issues, which should be the acid test for any voter. I came across another candidate test which I thought was very good:

http://www.vajoe.com/candidate_calculator.html

If you're undecided like me, go check it out. You simply enter in whether you support an issue or not, and how important it is to you, and it gives you a percentage match with all (both parties) of the candidates.

Like the last survey I posted, I don't know how they weight these things, and I don't know how current the position information is. But, it can help guide you toward the best one or two for you; it could certainly help eliminate ones that you really disagree with.

I'm planning to post some summary information (as comprehensive as I can make it) before the presidential primaries begin, so come back to check it out.

Overall, my opinion is that we Reps need to hash out who our best candidate is for the nomination, but once that nominee is selected, we ALL need to rally behind that person. It would be disastrous to allow any of these Democrats into the White House at this time in history.

There's my two cents.

No comments: