Friday, January 16, 2009

Pepsi Admits To The Kool-Aid

Earlier this week I posted about how Pepsi appears to have knocked off Barack Obama's logo in an effort to suck up to him. It was speculation, of course, but seemed to have more than enough merit to be worth considering.

Now, Pepsi has admitted the suck-up (via Debbie Schlussel):

On Monday, I showed you the new Pepsi "Hope" campaign that looked a heck of a lot like the Obama campaign. Pepsi claimed any similarity was just a coincidence. And some readers said I was totally off-base.

Well, I wasn't.

Now, Pepsi admits it--the campaign was meant to look just like the Obama campaign, and the soft drink company is now officially entirely in the tank for B. Hussein O. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since Pepsi was a historical participant in the Arab boycott on Israel (which is why it was never allowed in our home when I was a kid).

That's it for me - I'm now officially a Coke man.

There's my two cents.

No comments: