Friday, January 4, 2008

Fun & Frivolity: Humor From Chris Harding

I stumbled across a new online comic strip called We the Robots that I thought was worth mentioning. It's about a world where the dominant form of life is robots, but everything else is essentially the same as ours. A few of the cartoons I don't get at all, but many are very good and some had me actually laughing out loud. I know nothing about the guy who makes it, but he's clearly worked in corporate America at some point in his career, so I couldn't help but like him!

[***Warning*** profanity is not off-limits on this site, so if you have sensitive ears (or eyes), or have young children reading over your shoulder, don't go there (the cartoons below are fine, though)!]

Here are a few of my favorites (click on the pictures for a larger version):

Admit it, we all know someone like this. What amazes me is that it's these nitwits who get all the promotions.



What's sad is that there are times I think executives truly care more about how many buzzwords you use than what you actually know or do.



This is the one that convinced me he's been in corporate America at some point in his career:



Now, for the personal side of things...

[I should, at this point, note that any opinions expressed on this blog are not representative of Mr. Harding, and are solely my own...] Since this is a primarily political blog, I couldn't help myself on this one... This is exactly the kind of circular reasoning employed by many liberals: "Trifle me not with details, or force me to actually back up what I'm saying; the fact that I'm saying it should be enough for you. After all, it's not the actual evidence that counts, but rather the seriousness of the charge...



Finally, this one grabbed me because I had this exact experience with high school poetry:

I mean, seriously, how can poetry -- one of the most fluidly subjective forms of communication, and home of some of the most incomprehensible, fruity imagery ever conceived -- be wrong?!

Seriously, it happened. Just like that.

Have a great weekend!
:)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.