Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Where We Go Now

The results from my blog format poll are in, so I wanted to pass along my new plan.  Though the response was somewhat smaller than I was hoping for, I did get a few very helpful messages in addition to the actual poll.  Everyone who expressed strong feelings at all expressed them negatively, so combined with the ambivalently mixed poll results, I'm going to take that as a sign and go with it.

Moving forward, I'm going to try this: instead of blasting you with several posts every day filled with small snippets, I'm going to try to focus on one or two major issues.  I'll get back to trying to explain the WHY behind the WHAT, and get more in-depth.  This will mean longer (and fewer) posts, but hopefully they'll be more valuable for you in the long run.  However, there is still a lot going on every day, and there are many things that are worth a moment of your time to check out, so I still want to pass along those items.  I firmly believe one of the big problems in America today is simple ignorance - not stupidity, but rather a lack of knowledge or information.  I think that being at least passingly familiar with what's going on around us is important to putting the main events in proper context and making good decisions.  So, I'm also going to post a list of links and story summaries a couple times a week.  I won't include any analysis, but you can assume that if I post it, I believe there's a reason you should check it out.

There will be exceptions, of course, but the majority of my posts will follow this new format.  Hopefully this will find the right combination of in-depth analysis and surface-level news that you'll find useful without being annoying.  No one wants a drippy faucet, but no one wants a fire hose on full blast, either!  As always, feel free to weigh in with your thoughts and suggestions.

Have a great week!

No comments: