Monday, January 14, 2008

Election 2008: Primary Central

One of the reasons I started this blog is to inform people. So, here is some information about the next election and where the candidates stand on the major issues. I've put a link to this particular blog post close to the top of my page, so you'll be able to come back to it easily and often.

I've been putting this together for quite some time. It's a bit hard to keep up, of course, as some candidates have a tendency to switch positions repeatedly, but this should at least give you some idea of where they all stand at the moment. Check it out here:

[Last update: 1/27/08]

If you have information that contradicts or clarifies any of these entries, please feel free to drop me a comment or e-mail - dozens of eyes are much more likely to catch position changes than just mine, so I'd be glad to have help! Please just make sure to include a link or reference so the tip can be verified.

Here is a link to a LOT of primary information for both parties.

Here is a list of the Republican primary schedules and the results of each primary. The Democrat list is here. Reference these sites if you want to watch how the race is actually shaping up (on the basis of votes, not MSM spin).

For some assistance in picking the candidate who best represents you, check out these candidate selectors that I've mentioned before:

VAjoe.com Candidate Calculator
Select a Candidate Quiz

Here's a little quiz (just two questions) to help figure out where you fall in the political spectrum: World's Smallest Political Quiz

Here is the blog post I previously did with the results of NumbersUSA's scorecards specifically on illegal immigration-related issues. ***Update: here's a link for the overall presidential grid on immigration.

Also, Conservative Thoughts has just posted a very similar chart of positions for the major Republican candidates. Check it out here.

Finally, Hugh Hewitt appears to have posted a running total of votes and primary delegates for the Republican side at the top of his blog here.

Hopefully this will be helpful to you. If there are any major position changes, I'll try to keep it updated as best I can. By the way, I should clarify - I'm only putting up the major candidates; I don't have time to track all of them at this point. If someone pops up on the radar screen (or falls off), I'll modify my list accordingly.

There's my two cents.


********************************************************
Republican candidate official websites (in alphabetical order within each party):
Rudy Giuliani
Mike Huckabee
John McCain
Mitt Romney

Democrat candidate official websites:
Hillary Clinton
John Edwards
Barack Obama

No comments: