Thursday, January 3, 2008

Setting The Record Straight For 2008

I'm often asked how I manage to do so much blogging during the day. The answer is simple: I don't.

But, given that the majority of my blog posts have timestamps throughout the normal workday, I wanted to take a moment to explain the method to my blogging madness.

I use Google's free Blogger service. Unfortunately, Blogger does not offer the ability to schedule
automatic future posts. I can dictate the day and time stamped on each post, but it still goes out there the moment I post it, which has to be done manually.

So, here's how I do it. I write at least 90% of my blog posts at night, then post them via e-mail throughout the next day or two (since I happen to be planted in front of a computer screen all day every day). The other 10% I do over lunch or on the weekends, though I usually take weekends off unless I have extra posts already completed from earlier in the week.

So, there's my 'secret'! Now everyone can rest happily, knowing I'm not blogging on company time. In fact, my company's Internet filters prevent me from even looking at blogs online, so I couldn't do it if I wanted to.  So, if you see a typo that sits out there all day long, now you know why.

:)

No comments: