Monday, September 10, 2007

More Details On The Petraeus Smear

Here's a link to that vile MoveOn.org ad in the New York Times.

It's interesting to note some of the people who have not condemned the ad:
- Harry Reid
- Hillary Clinton
- Barack Obama
- John Edwards
- pretty much all prominent Democrats

Amazingly, I saw one report that House Majority leader Nancy Pelosi condemned it. Good for her, but it makes me wonder if she just didn't get the memo before someone interviewed her. Will she change her tune in the coming days? We'll see.

You know, I kind of feel a bit of pity for the Democrat party on this. On the one hand, they have their main financial support base, the crazy anti-war wacko left (MoveOn.org, George Soros, etc.), who provide a LOT of funding to Democrat campaigns. On the other hand, they have their main population support base, the normal, hard-working, every day Democrats who -- I'm guessing -- are just as sickened by this smear of a brilliant and patriotic American as I am.

I guess that's the quagmire you get when you pander too much to the fringe rather than following the lead of your true base.

Will they side with the wackos, and continue to receive lots of money while alienating the rest of their base, risking a ballot box defeat in 2008? Or, will they return to sanity and their main base, risking the loss of some major funding? Time will tell, but I have a hunch that they'll follow the money. They always do.

There's my two cents.

No comments: