Saturday, September 15, 2007

Radical Islam Revealed: The Answers You Need To Know

I'm no 'expert', but I'm coming to believe the struggle between the Muslim world (specifically, the radical wing that practices Islamic jihad) and the modern Western world is shaping up to be -- much like the battle with the Nazis in World War II -- the ideological struggle of our generation. I believe that we as Americans need to have a solid understanding of what we face if we are to have any hope of winning. I think it's clear that the mainstream media cannot be trusted to tell the real story (something I've alluded to repeatedly in previous blogs), and much of the information out there can get fiercely convoluted, so it's hard to make sense of it. My guess is that most people have a sense that this struggle is important on some level, but they get so bombarded with mixed messages that they become overwhelmed and just stop thinking about it.

That's where I was until I started actually keeping track of things a few months ago. It wasn't long before a much clearer picture formed, and my understanding of the struggle grew much deeper; it makes a whole lot more sense to me now. If it worked for me, I'm hoping it will work for you, too.

So, I took it upon myself to bring together a lot of articles and stories on radical Islamic jihadists (from the real world) in a series of blogs attempting to address some key points, including:
- Who are they?
- What do they really want?
- What happens if they win?
- What happens to people who attack/question Islam?
- Is Islam really the religion of peace?
- Where are the moderate Muslims?

This is not a comprehensive analysis, but it is at least a starting point. My intent is to explain this complex topic in a way that everyone can understand it, using real stories and real events to back up my assertions. My hope is that the knowledge you gain from this series will help guide you in your thoughts, votes, and actions when real life demands tough decisions about what to do.

I welcome your feedback, both positive and negative. If you disagree, by all means provide the proof and we'll consider it together; if you don't have proof, then I ask you to consider mine. If nothing else, I hope you learn as much reading this as I have in putting it all together.

Part 1: Who are they?
Part 2: Why do they do this?
Part 3: What do they want?
Part 4: What happens if they win?
Part 5: What happens to those who attack/question Islam?
Part 6: Is Islam really the religion of peace?
Part 7: Where are the moderate Muslims?
Part 8: What should you do?

No comments: